Sunday, December 21, 2014

A moment of longing


This month has flown by, this year has flown by, time flies by. Today was a new experience for me and my husbands family, we celebrated Christmas early so we could all be together. It felt strange at first but once it began it was Christmas. The best part was it wasn't rushed, it wasn't full of grumpy kids who woke up before dawn, and we had time to laugh.
   Time is such a constant hum in the back ground of our lives. We watch the clock for the next event. We watch the clock saying when this happens things will be different. We watch the clock and still wonder where the time goes. 
    Some things in my life have made me question what will the future bring. What will I miss if I am no longer here. The things I'd miss each day if I were to be taken from this life. The things I'd miss if I didn't see my children everyday or if I wasn't there for life events.  For a few moments today I felt like I was getting an image of whAt I might miss in the future. People who have become my family over the last 10 years. Seeing my kids play with cousins who are about discover the opposite sex. Watching my shy little E hid in my arm from aunts who want to scoop her up and love her. 
  What does my future hold, where will I be in a week, a month, a year. I pray it will be with my children. Each little moment is pressious. I long to get back the moments that I've waisted over the past 10 years. I long to get my life back into a constant state of happiness. Time does not go back, I'm glad it doesnt for it would take the good away too, time can only go forward and I can create the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment