Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dear mom

Dear mom,
You brought your disabled daughter to a public tea party. I wanted to say thanks for bringing her and showing my kids it's ok to be different. I wanted to say it's ok that she is a little unruly, I get it. I wanted to say, my kids have thrown even bigger tantrums in public. I wanted to say she is beautiful. I wanted to say that I work with children in similar circumstances and it is awesome that you are letting her experience this, even though it's a lot of work.  I wanted to say I have had to leave places because my child couldn't take the crowd too. I wanted to.

But I didn't.

I had a chance to possibly make you feel a little bit better, you were obviously worn down. And I didn't.

I don't know why either.

Maybe I will have the strength to next time.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this. I have had so many similar experiences where I wanted to say something and to this day I still regret not saying anything at all.

    ReplyDelete