Friday, January 2, 2015

Freshly Picked Review


 Fun Furlong Friday:

I am so excited and honored to be writing this post! I was thrilled to pieces at the chance to review Freshly Picked Moccasins. I heard so much about them and loved how cute they look on little baby feet. 

We got these cuties about three weeks ago. This is what they looked like fresh out if the box. I was in awe of the quality of leather, and the make of the moccasin. We have tried locally made leather moccasins before but they seriously paled in comparison to these! Even my husband commented on how well these shoes were made. The inside of the FP moccasin seems a lot more comfortable than the others. 


Benjamin is 9 months old and is just learning to walk. I ordered his moccs a little big because I REALLY wanted him to wear them for his first birthday. And we ordered the Cherry red moccasins because we are a bit obsessed with fire trucks at our house.
Because they were a little big on him, we did have a few times that they slipped off.  But I noticed the elastic part that goes around the ankle to keep it from coming off is extremely well made, comfortable, and the elastic won't fray or wear as easily as other shoes did.
I'm pretty sure once Ben gets bigger we won't have that problem. 


We had Benny wear these basically everywhere. I loved how easy they were to slip on, especially when we were in a rush to get out the door. It is also the dead of winter here, and I worried about his toes getting cold. I was able to put some socks on before putting the moccs on, and his feet stayed warm, even when we went to see Christmas lights! 

Now, because Benjamin is just learning to walk he is using the furniture to hold on to while he practices. My mom noticed that he slipped a few times while on her wood floor, but now after wearing them for three weeks we no longer have that problem. 


Benny hasn't walked outside with them yet, and with all the snow I don't think they would do so well. I'm really excited to see how they do in the warmer weather and when he is walking more! 

They are really easy to clean and care for! 


If you look at the picture above, you can clearly see the smooth sides that grip the ankle. Other moccs we have tried scrunched up around the ankle and didn't look very comfortable at all. I love that these shoes are not only cute but they are simply top notch for baby comfort. 


You can already see Benny's little footprint starting to wear into the mocc. I am super excited about this part because I am a sentimental person and I want to be able to hold these shoes years from now and remember his sweet little feet!

Research has shown that it is better for babies to learn to walk barefoot. Moccasins are the next best thing! They allow the foot to move freely just like being barefoot, but still offer some protection. And they are adorable! 

These moccasins are THEE baby shoes to have right now. They are a bit pricey. If you have been following me for a while then you'll know that I am pretty frugal and don't like to spend money on things that are not worth it. My biggest question while reviewing these moccasins: Are they worth it? 

These shoes are extremely well made. It is obvious that A LOT of effort goes into each and every shoe. The leather is perfect, and they last a long time. That was my biggest selling point. If I am going to spend a lot if money on something, I want it to last. Babies grow out of shoes so quickly, which is another reason I got these a little big for Benjamin. I want them to last as long as possible. According to what I have read, these moccs stretch a little bit and grow with your baby for longer wear. I am already saving up for a pair for my older son, Drew! They are kind of addicting! 

My husband and mom both thought that $60 was a bit too pricey. Tyler said that HIS shoes cost that much, he wouldn't want to spend just as much on a tiny baby shoe that won't be worn for very long. Which is understandable when you put it that way. 

I honestly think it is up to the buyer. It depends on what you want in a baby shoe, but if you want seriously good quality I highly recommend Freshly Picked! I am pretty sure these moccasins will outlast any other baby shoes we own. I definitely counted more pros than cons when reviewing these moccs! 

Want to win a pair?? Follow me on Instagram @diariesofasupermom for details on how to win your own pair of Freshly Picked Moccasins! The giveaway is Monday, January 5th- Friday, January 9th!

I would also love to thank the amazingly generous team at Freshly Picked for sending us these cute moccs that I will treasure long after Benjamin stops wearing them! And for letting me give away a pair to one of my cute mommy followers! Every experience I have had with Freshly Picked has been so positive. I love how encouraging and enthusiastic they are. Their customer service is amazing! Be sure to head over to their website and read the story on how this whole business got started, right here in little old Utah! It is SO inspiring! 

See you next Friday! And don't forget to enter the giveaway! 

-Avery











No comments:

Post a Comment