Monday, January 5, 2015

It's a new year!!

I am so glad to be back! I had my baby then had surgery shortly after so I haven't felt much like posting. But it's a new year and this blog will be better than ever!

Today I want to talk about resolutions with it being the new year and all.
I have a confession....I have never stuck with a resolution...ever, at least I don't think I have. I just stopped making them actually. I tend to think the typical "I'm going to lose weight" is just a way for gyms to get sign ups haha but who am I to say.

I do something a little differently. I'm not a big fan of the word resolution, I don't know why I'm just not. At the first of every year I make goals (which I guess is the same thing). It's a little easier for me to work on goals. I look back on the year before and pick somethings I need to work on and something I want to learn.

Here is my list for the year,
This year I decided I'm going to try really hard to take care of myself. You know when your on a plane and they say put your face mask on first then help take care of others. Last year I put myself last and was so busy taking care of everyone that I completely ignored myself and the result wasn't good. That is going to change this year.

1.I want to work on my procrastination habit, seriously I am the queen of procrastination and that isn't good when I work from home and put my work off until the last minute. I can't afford to do that this year.

2. I am going to start doing things I love again. I am going to schedule time to actually have a hobby. I've always wanted to do project life. If you have never seen it go check out Becky Higgins. It's a really awesome way to scrapbook especially if you're a busy mom. I ordered my first kit today and can't wait for it to get here.
This year is a big year for us. Hopefully a new house, my daughter will start kindergarten and this is my babys first year so I want to be sure to document it all.

I also love to digital scrapbook. Honestly I don't print them off (yet) I just like the challenge of it. I love learning photoshop and working with designers. I didn't do any of it last year and this year I am getting back into it because I was getting pretty good at it.
 



 Now for what I want to learn. A few years ago I learned to sew and it is now my job. This year is the year of the pie! I went to culinary school and for the life of me I really can't make pies. I want to learn to make not just a good pie but the best pie. I want people to be knocking down my door to buy my pies haha.
Some times I have a really hard time practicing at things. If I not good in the first try or 2 I just give up but this is not going to happen this year. I made a pumpkin pie the other day, it wasn't pretty but it tasted good. This week I bought stuff for a banana cream pie. I decided at least a pie a week. 52 weeks of pie is going to be fun I think. More if people actually like them but one step at a time.

This is my list of goals and my last goal it to actually STICK WITH MY GOALS.
I'm really looking forward to this year and can't wait to get it started.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment