Saturday, January 24, 2015

Stop Growing Babies


  I was going through my old posts on Facebook from years ago that I sometimes do and I came a crossed a video I posted in November 2013. This video had my 2nd baby Jeremy who was around 8 m old crawling in the video. He was just a little baby and my almost 2 year old first child Shane.  Jeremy obviously had changed the most since the video a year and a half or so ago.  He wasn't talking or walking as he does now.  Just army crawling, cooing, gooing, slapping the ground, and discovering everything around him.  This made my heart melt, my baby wasn't a baby anymore, not much time has passed but he has developed that much more.

 
Shane at Birth


Jeremy Birth
Shane 3 m

Jeremy 3 m

Jeremy 3 m

Shane 16 m Jeremy 1 1/2 m





Jeremy now 22 m
Shane 7 M


Shane 11 m
1st Birthday


22 m 

18 m 
Jeremy 7 m
Though it's good for babies to grow quickly in that first year for parents sanity it's also sad... My baby is gone. This video made me long for another baby, long for those cuddles, the smell, the Tummy time, coos, smiles and pure innocence of a baby.  However, I also am reminded of how much work I'm already doing with the two toddlers I have and to add another would put me over the edge at least at the moment.  I also still have the guilt looking at this video, because Shane was still a baby too when I had another when he was just 15 m old. I feel Shane missed out on his mom. :( I guess though unless you plan on big gaps between every kid you add to your family, some of moms time will always be taking up by another child. I think as kids get older it's natural to stop and remember them when they are babies. The time just goes by so fast. I try to take things day by day in my life and soak up every moment with my babes. They still grow too fast. Don't blink or time will pass by. Can they please stop growing?! Stop growing babies! Mommy wants these moments to freeze in time!
Both boys now  and Mommy 




No comments:

Post a Comment