Thursday, April 9, 2015

Catching Babies

Hello guys!  This is Megan.  This week I am going to share a podcast that really stuck with me.  Now if you don't listen to podcasts I suggest you start.  This one is on iTunes called "The Moth".  I don't know what it is about hearing someone else's story straight from them that gets me but I love it.  The specific podcast that I am referring was published on March 3 called "Radio Hour: Ski, Poe, Spa and Towers". The specific story is Flight.  There is a little language so be warned.   

Now, if you can imagine me sitting at my job listening to this and tears start to well up in my eyes.  I say to myself  "Well, that's enough of that."  I quickly stop listening and I have to wait till lunch to finish.  So before you listen be sure you can listen to the entire story. 

Here is a link to the podcast.
http://themoth.org/posts/stories/flight




Now before you continue please listen to it or none of this will make sense. 

If you have ever been in a situation where you feel completely out of control of what is going on around you. Your life is being threatened.  You have or had that mantra of "if I where to die right now I would be okay".  That saying can change everything about the situation you are in.  It could even save your life. 

However,  when you have children that mantra is completely gone. Your children change you in ways that cannot be explained.  In ways that you never would have expected.  You can no longer have the feeling that death is approaching and be completely okay with it because your children need you.  Their lives are no longer complete without you in it.  You now are living for someone else and not just for yourselves.

 "Your Life is not just your life anymore."  "As soon as you have a kid your vulnerable and they are so venerable without you. You need each other."    "It feels good, it feels really good".

No comments:

Post a Comment