Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cloudy with a chance of Some day

I've had this title floating around in my head for months. Long before this blog was even a possibility. I thought it would be more of a title in my journal but I decided to put it here instead.

Cloudy with a chance of someday......what could it possibly mean? I'll tell you what it means to me.
For sometime this is how my life felt to me. I knew I wanted to make some changes in my life, try something new or different but I didn't know where to start and being a mom there were always more important things I needed to take care of and the thoughts got pushed into the back of my mind for someday.

Then one day I decided WHY NOT? That has become my personal mantra I guess you could call it for the year. Why not? Let me explain.

When I found out about a job opportunity with Minky Couture my husband and I were both pretty hesitant but we needed the money. I wasn't the best on the sewing machine but I could hold my own. I'm not one to just come out and tell someone I'm good and I know they could count on me, I absolutely hate job interviews just for that reason. When my friend told me about the job and how to apply I thought "why not?" what did I have to lose? That was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have met some amazing people, learned some amazing things, support my family while being a stay at home mom. All because of "why not"

I still felt like I had this cloudy feeling with a I'll get around to it someday feeling which in my world is never a good thing.

A few weeks later I was still struggling. I remember thinking I knew there was something I wanted to do and just couldn't put my finger on it. So one day I was talking to a friend. Our girls are the same age but she has been married quite a bit longer than I have. She told me a long time ago she made up a "bucket list" of sorts. Just a list of things she has always wanted to do. She said once she began crossing things off her list she was so happy and felt like she was more than just wife and mom.

I decided "why not" one morning I was laying in bed thinking about how awesome my life was, I have a great job a great husband and daughter, a son on the way and a roof over our heads but for some reason I felt like there was something more I could be doing,wanted to be doing.
I pulled out a notebook and started on my list. Here is a peek :)
Save for a new computer
Start a blog
Start running
Start a business.

I always tend to be that person that just sits back while others do things I have always wanted to do then feel jealous because they did it and I didn't it when in all reality it was my fault because I didn't do anything about it.
Then  I thought why not? I met some great ladies and got this blog going which has been awesome and I have learned some amazing things.
Now for the business.....I've been rolling things around in my head for a while but lets face it in Utah things are hard when you try to do them from home because every one does them. Then I thought so what I'm going to do it any way.
I thought of something I loved something that was fun for me and the thought came to me......Crochet. Crochet saved my life a few years ago (a post for another day) I used to get made fun of for it but I decided I was sick of caring what people think (easier said than done) so I called up a friend and ran an idea by her and one thing led to another and Lotsaloopsies was born!
I have never been so proud of something. This shop is my pride and joy. We make and sell custom made crochet hats. We will soon be adding more than just hats. It has forced me to come out of my shell and learn to design. Here are some examples of my designs.

I love seeing kids faces when they put them on for the first time (especially my own daughter) it has been so fun and such a great stress reliever. It's every thing I have ever hoped for 
Our website is
www.lotsaloopsies.com and fp page is

I would love for you to come and see what we have been working so hard on :)

So that is my story how my cloudy with a chance of some day began to show a little sunshine.
 I would love to hear yours



No comments:

Post a Comment