Sunday, November 2, 2014

A moment of pain

Today I had to take a moment to be in pain. I didn't get in an accident or Fall ill, I just have a canker sore the size of a dim on th back of my tongue. Silly as it sounds it the worst sore throat I ever remember having. It start friday and has only escalated. Yesterday I pushed through worked my 8 hours, cleaned, made dinner and was mommy to my children. At some point in the night I woke up and the pain wouldn't let me rest. In the morning my sweet husband took care of the kids and let me try to sleep. I do this for him often yet It was hard let him help me, I am the mother, I should be there for my children. 
    As I went through my day full of Advil, hungry but to sore to eat, and in pain I realized it was okAy for me to take care of myself.  My children kept asking why I didn't want to sing or why I needed another drink I would remind them my throat hurt. My son hugged me over and over while telling me i'd feel better soon. 
Its important to teach our kids that we are just like them. Some days we are tired And cross. Somedays we get our feelings hurt. Somedays we are sick and in pain and we need help. Today I needed help, help form my husband and help from my kids. Today I had to take a moment....a lot of moments to take care of myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment