Wednesday, November 12, 2014

From her mouth...

We all know that kids say the craziest things sometimes....

We had a crazy few weeks with my grandma passed away.  My 4 year old said some pretty insightful and funny things.

When things were nearing the end she said " this is kind of like the 'Lion King'" I think that statement was just as much for me as it was for her. I has been struggling with how to really explain death and life to her. And that moment it became clear on how I could break it down to her level. Heck, so I could break it down to my level... Because thinking of her face magically appearing in the stars is a lot better than thinking of a world without her in it at all. Due to this statement, we were able to have the discussion I had I visioned but could never figure out how to do.

From her mouth, my prayers had been answered and her innocence showed me just how insightful she is to the world around us.


No comments:

Post a Comment