Wednesday, November 5, 2014

When vs. Now

For as far back as I remember, I have always had some accomplishment to look forward to. First it was when I get to high school, then collage. Then they turned into weddings, buying our first house, having a baby or two. And the most recent one was graduating nursing school and having a job.

Well, now I have all of that. I have a great husband, two spunky daughters, and I am working as a nurse at a great hospital. All my future goals have pretty much happened. So you would think I would be happy and content. But, for some reason being happy and content is not the feelings I have most of the time. I find myself looking to the future yet again, as if right now isn't awesome. But it is awesome! I have no complaints.  None.

But you see, my very close friend got a pretty rough diagnosis  and her future goals have turned into simply surviving.  This has made me really evaluate where I am right here, right now. Because right now things are great.   I am learning how to be content with the present, rather than being encompassed by the future. The future might never come, but this moment in time has. We must try to remember that now is good. Now is something to celebrate.  The fact that I even have a now is something to praise my Heavenly Father for.

So right now, I will check up on my sleeping kids and give them one last good night kiss, cuddle up to my husband, and say a prayer of comfort for my friend.

Love you all dear readers,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment