Friday, September 26, 2014

Autumn Chili

Fun Furlong Friday:

This week I'm on vacation with my little family. (Our first one since having our children! So excited!) So I'm just going to quickly share my very favorite recipe for chili. This is my mom's recipe and it is absolutely PERFECT for the colder seasons. It's cheap, it's quick, it's easy, it makes a lot, and it tastes amazing! Mom calls it our family's version of "fast food."

I have fond memories of watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and eating a giant bowl of this chili. This recipe feeds my family of four, (one is still too young to eat it so Tyler eats his bowl!) and if we don't eat multiple bowls we end up with left overs. But it's so good sometimes we double it and I freeze the left overs to reheat in emergencies or on rainy days. I think it tastes even better as left overs. 




What you'll need: 
• Two cans of tomato sauce
• Two cans of beans (we do one can Pinto beans and the other can black beans) 
• 1lb. Ground beef 
• one package of Great Value Mild Chili Seasoning



Brown the hamburger and drain the fat.
Drain the juices from the cans of beans.

Then dump ALL the ingredients into a big pot. 

Turn to medium heat and stir occasionally for about 15 minutes. 



Add whatever toppings you want but it's pretty fantastic all by itself. 

See you next Friday! ENJOY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment