Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Monday

Well hello our fearless readers...which is probably just the 7 of us at the moment. :)

I am Alicia, your Monday blogger. I am a mommy to two sweet precious girls, almost 5 and barely 2. My husband and I got married on 08-08-08 so we won't forget, and 6 years later it is still working.


I started nursing school when my baby was only 5 weeks old. It was a  very crazy ride shuffling all my millions of responsibilities with such a young baby. But now that I have been out of school for 9 months and working as an RN, it was so worth it. I love having a job that I know I am helping others, can work full time and still have 5 days off in a row to do the whole mom thing.

My oldest just started kindergarten this year, so it has been and adjustment only having one kid during the day. We were able to start her at a private kindergarten where she has been going to daycare early even though she technically misses the deadline by a month. There were a lot of factors that went into this decision. I am still not fully convinced we made the right choice when I look into the future, but I know for her right now in this moment it was the best decision. She has a heck of a hard time adjusting to change and I think that this will make the transition a lot easier for her, and I always have the option to have her do Kindergarten again with the kids her age next year.

My passion is maternal mental health, this involves postpartum depression, PTSD, OCD, psychosis, and anxiety. But you will hear more about this later, but know if you think that this is something that you might be dealing with you aren't alone. Not in the slightest.


 


Until next time,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment