Monday, September 29, 2014

Things I learned from my Grammy

If anyone has ever met my Grammy you would know that she loved shopping. These are a few things I have learned about life through her love of shopping.

My earliest memory of my grandma is trying to keep up with her at the mall going shopping. I remember distinctly saying, "Grammy, I can't keep up with you. Don't walk so fast." And her reply was that when you want something you shouldn't waste any time, get it done. And so I have lived my life that thought, don't waste time dilly dallying when you want something, just get it done.

As soon as I was wearing makeup, she would give me her Clinique sample with purchase. And 90% of my makeup to this day is small sample sized Clinique. She was always looking for ways to give to others. I never thought that it was a sacrifice to give them to me until I one day I was opening one up and say something and my mom said she was wanting to try that for a while. She could have kept it, and I would have been just fine. But that's not who she is. She taught me to give no matter what.

Even in her last days she wanted to go shopping online. She was hardly able to walk and eat, but she wasn't going to let that get in the way of her passion. And this taught me to not let things get in my way of my passions. If I want something it's up to me to figure out a way to make it happen.

Grammy is minutes to hours away from taking her last breath. It has been an honor for me to be able to take care of her during these final moments. I love you Grammy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment