Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fun Fridays!

My name is Avery but my family calls me a Ree. I'm going to be posting every Friday! I am so excited about this blog. I know each of us has something to offer and I'm looking forward to learning from the other ladies on the blog. 

My husband, Tyler, and I just celebrated our third wedding anniversary this week! We have two little boys (almost two years old, and five months old), and two dogs. 


I graduated high school in 2011 and three months later I married Tyler. I worked as a bank teller until July of this year, and then I was promoted to a Homemaker and I'm loving every minute if it! 

I am a two time survivor of Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) and Postpartum Depression. I talk about these conditions often to help raise awareness, and I'm more than willing to answer any questions. 

We love books at our house. We love them a lot. My rule is to read at least one book to my boys a day (although it is usually more.) We have more books than toys. I love all kinds of books, from Anne of Green Gables (my favorite), to Fablehaven
(My husband and I made this earlier this year for our yard.) 

I love taking pictures with my phone. It's an easy way to capture my favorite memories. 


I am "old fashioned" to a degree. I have very traditional values and I prefer typewriters over computers. I'm often found in an apron and watch Little House on the Prairie when I can! I believe in handwritten notes, ice cream socials and I'd be drying our laundry outside in the sun if my husband would let me. Even our boys have traditional bible names. (Think Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.) But I am a firm believer in modern medicine and I'm very thankful for it. And flushing toilets. 

I am very pro "mom-choice." I don't think there is any right way to be a mom, as long as you are doing what is best for YOU and your family. I don't think anyone has a right to judge you for your parenting choices. Every single person is different. Vaccination, how you feed your child, your sleeping habits, etc.- they are all what is best for YOU. No mother should ever feel ashamed for that. Being a mom is hard enough. 

I am also a dollar store crafter. It started out that we were too poor to afford the crafts I wanted at Hobby Lobby, so I had to get creative and work hard to do my best at recreating what I wanted for the cheapest price. Now I do it for fun and for the challenge of it all. The awesome price is a bonus. :)

 I'll be posting a lot of these little crafts that I do or find on here, a long with the occasional recommendation of a book or two. See ya next Friday! 

-Ree 

No comments:

Post a Comment