Sunday, September 21, 2014

The moment I became a mother


B was born 5 years ago this Wednesday. The moment I met him i fell in love. I never truly knew what love was or how strong it could be until he was placed upon my chest, still covered in goo. 
My son has tested my patients to the max. He called me shell for the first three years of his life.
B used Chapstick as a crayon on the kitchen floor and  just a few days ago he helped face paint his sister using sidewalk chalk.
He has taught me to slow down and enjoy life. One day he asked me why we run from the rain, because he liked the rain. We stopped and enjoyed the rain. Now I  walking the rain.
 
My son has taught me forgiveness. No matter how much I yell or get mad or do the wrong thing he loves me. He forgives my faults over and over again. He is always excited to see me, he always knows when i need a hug, and he can make me smile on my darkest days.
I  used to sing to him each night when he was little You are my Sunshine, that is truly what he is. I wish he would stay little forever but I have loved every minute of his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment