Sunday, September 14, 2014

Positive or negative

Our lives are defined in little moments. Moment that can change our lives istantley, moment that can slow us down, moments that can freeze us in our tracks. Like that moment a faint pink lines appears on a pregnancy test or worse when the timers goes off and there is no pink line. It's how we react that truly defines us. Were you positive? Were you negative? 
I used to be a truly positive person. It was something I strived for. Something I thought was easy and couldn't understand why others were so negative.
         
  Now, I can understand it. As life changes, as my life became a messy place to live, I changed. I find myself expecting the worst. Planning for people to let me down. Expecting myself to fail. 
  This week I had a defining moment. I had a good day, a day where I laughed, I sang, I danced, I spread happiness to others, and I can say I had joy In my life. I loved that feeling, that light, warm feeling of being happy. I want that every day!
My defining moment reminded me of that quote. The definition of cultivate is to aquire or develop a quality, sentiment or skill.  We must work to be happy. We must continually try to be positive. As those little defining moments come we must make the choice to be positive even if we are sad, sacred, or even mad. If we are positive we can find joy even in the worst situations. I am now striving again to be positive, to be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment