Thursday, September 11, 2014

Life is short!

Today, I am struck with the overwhelming reality of how short life is.  I look at my 15 year old, my oldest son, and wonder where the time went?  It seems like just yesterday they put him in my arms and I became a new mom.  It was one of the best days of my life.  Since then, we have had a lot of those days.  Each day another son was born, I felt the same all-consuming love for them.




A lot has changed since then, but, one thing remains the same.  Time just doesn't slow down.  If you blink, you miss it.  It goes so quickly.  I don't often look back, because I believe in looking forward and not dwelling on the past. But, today, when the nation is reminded of all that was lost 13 years ago, I am reminded of how my life has changed since then, too.  My sweet little boys who needed me every second are gone.  In their place are these grown up boys who don't need me to kiss boo boos or snuggle them at night.





It makes me sad.  But I do have one thing.  Each and every one of those boys know how much I love them!  In the end, all the stupid little things that we moms worry about daily, things that seem to consume our lives don't matter.  What matters is that your kids know you love them. And that you show it.  Because with how fast life flies by, you never know when the last time will be that you get to say those words.  Love you my boys!  Always.




2 comments:

  1. Very eloquently put, Jacie! Hear, hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were a writer. This was written very well, loved reading it. Thanks for Sharing your thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete