Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Here we are!

Hello and welcome to our blog. Today is our very first post and we are so excited to give you many many more.

As the title says there are 7 of us moms with 15 kids between us. To tell you the honest truth we aren't best friends (yet) some of us just met a few weeks ago. We came together to show you that we each have our own style of parenting,life,home pretty much everything but that doesn't matter we all still have at least 1 thing in common..... We Are Mothers. We hope to show you that even though we are all different what we do works for us and that is all that matters and we can be accepting of any mothers no matter our differences.
Life gets messy sometimes but if we all stick together it makes things a lot easier.

That is a little bit about us. Over the next 7 days you will get to meet each one of us individually. We are all different with a different story to tell so you are in for a treat.

Since we are pretty new we would be so happy if you showed us some love and liked our FB page on the right hand side of the blog that way you can stay up dated on all the fun we have planned for you.

My name is Lyndee. I have been married to my awesome hubby Trent for 5 years we have a 4 year old daughter and I am pregnant with our son who is due next month which we could not be more excited for.

I graduated with my culinary certificate in 2012 from our local applied technology college. It was an amazing opportunity. I fell in love with cake decorating and taught for Wilton for the next 2 years up until last month.

Right now I am a work at home mom and I have to tell you I love,love ,love it. I'm a seamstress for Minky Coture for going on about 4 months. If you have never heard of them click HERE you'll love their blankets. It has been super challenging but I love being able to do it all from home.

I love photography, crafts, scrapbooking, reading, blogging, crocheting, cooking,baking you name it. I love a good challenge and learning new things. I am currently working on a website to sell crochet hat's which I am pretty excited about.

I have been though some major downs in my life things that I wouldn't wish on anyone so I hope to be able to help people see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and there are ways to help and be helped. I have also been through some amazing ups and can't wait to share them with you.

So thats a little bit about me! Seriously I am an open book (most of the time) if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask.

I am going to leave you with one of my favorite recipes one that you will not ever be able to say no to.
These are by far my favorite cupcakes and crazy easy to make. I hope you enjoy!



Key Lime Cupcakes
Cupcake
1 box lemon cake mix
1 small box lime jello
1/3 cup key lime juice
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2-3 drops green food coloring

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 - 2 1/2 Tbl key lime juice

Frosting
1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Grated lime zest for decoration.

Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
Beat cupcakes on low speed for 30 seconds then medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrap bowl occasionally. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake 19-24 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, move to cooling rack and pierce tops with a tooth pick several times. Mix glaze thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle and spread over each cupcake.
Cool completely, about 30 minutes or so.
For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. On low speed add vanilla extract and powdered sugar until mixed and fluffy. Frost and garnish with a little lime zest cup
Store covered in refrigerator. And enjoy!

*If you can't find key limes just buy key lime juice, it works the same in this recipe. I couldn't find key lime juice so I just used regular lime juice and it still tasted great.*

Be sure to let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment