Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Time management

Welcome Wednesday! (I'm still working on a cute catchy name for my Wednesday posts so I'll gladly take suggestions!)
Lyndee Here:
Today I want to talk about time management. I have always been a list person I make lists for everything a make a rough draft then a final cute copy. It must be hand written. I'm very particular about my lists haha.
Well when I started working from home it was crazy at first and the lists stopped and looking back so did everything else in my house and it all became chaotic.

Some people hear work at home mom and think oh yeah you have it easy.....not as much as you would think. With my job there are deadlines to get things made by certain days. On top of that there is still everything in the house that must be done and children to be taken care of. I have to carve out a time each day that I can work and my family has been really great to help with that. Although it is nice because if I need to stop in the middle of something I can so I am grateful for that.

Either way you have seen this week we are a variety of moms, some of us work full time others stay home full time and some of us do both. So I think time management is very important no matter the situation you are in.

I'm going to show you my system, I know it works for me because when I don't do it nothing in my life gets done haha.

So I have a planner that I just love. I have this thing for planners and office supplies. Seriously you should see my eyes light up when all the back to school stuff comes out! My husband loves it because I'm pretty easy to please, I'd rather have a new pack of pens than flowers (no joke).
Any way back on track we go......

I have a planner that shows a month at a time and a week at a time broken down into days.
For my month I keep track of everything except my work stuff, I have a whole different calendar for that. Everything having to do with my baby boy, dr app etc (I'm 33 weeks pregnant) I write in blue. Fun stuff I write in purple (that is my favorite color) things for my daughter is in pink or red.  

I love this week lay out because I have a week at a glance and a daily all in one view.
Each day I make a list of what needs to be done.The box in pink means they must get done today no questions. At the start of each week I write a quote I want to see every day and put it on a sticky note at the top. This weeks quote is 
"Perfection is the Enemy of Excellence" 
I love it!
 Now I decided to try something this month and today is the first day I get to do it. Toni over at A bowl full of Lemons gave a challenge for September to work on time management. She is my go to gal when it comes to learning how to plan and organize.

She took it one step further than just a planner she talks about a daily list but keep it within time increments. Mine is above of what I need to get done today. I have never put times next to anything but I'm going to give it a shot this month starting today. I'm so excited to see if it keeps me on track.
You can find this cute printable here.
I'm also in the process of opening a shop to sell crochet hats so I think this schedule will help me stay on track (I'm hoping)
Don't get me wrong I know this will not work for everyone and it won't always work for me because lets face it life happens and things can change from minute to minute at least around here but I thought "Why not give it a shot?"

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you see don't forget to stop by and like our FB page!

No comments:

Post a Comment