Thursday, March 19, 2015

Arrow Tutorial

Hey guys it's Megan again!  This week I am going to do a tutorial for these Arrows.  These are for a certain type of design but I think they look great in my boys bathroom.  However, Jeff says they look like fast forward arrows.  He just doesn't see the vision.



I got my raw wood from Home Depot for about $10.00 total.  It comes in either 12', 6' or 4'.  We bought the 12' for cost and had them cut it in half so it would fit in our car.



My handsome hubby kindly ripped the 6' boards in half with a table saw. Then cut each 6' board to 3' with a 45 degree angle on each end.

 
I stained but you could paint to match your home's decor.  I used Minwax oil based Espresso.  Also, if you are going to hang them in a high traffic area I would put a coat or two of polyacrilic on.  Just to protect them from finger prints and scratches.  




To attach them together you could use wood glue but I don't have clamps big enough.  So I hinged them together.  These brackets can be purchased at any hardware store for 2-5 dollars.  I also attached a self leveling hanging bracket on the top point to hang on the wall.



That's it! Super easy and I think they add a little contrast in my boys small bathroom.


Remember if you like what you read make sure you like our Facebook page to the right of the blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment