Monday, March 16, 2015

Easy baby blanket

Today I'm going to show you a simple way to make a baby blanket.  No seriously you will be amazed at how simple it really is. I love using flannel for them it's easy and you don't need batting if you don't want it. Flannel is really cheap too at the end of winter I usually stock up on it.

What you want is to start with 2 pieces of the same size. You can do a square or rectangle.  I like more of the rectangle shape because it works really well in my bassinet but it's totally up to you.
First you take both pieces and lay them right sides together

Then you sew around it all leaving a small opening to flip it right side out.

Once you have it flipped right side out you close the opening how ever you prefer. Then you need to iron it so it lays flat especially around the seams because you're going to top stich.

After you iron it you top stitch.  I usually just line the seam at the right side of my presser foot so it's about 1/4 in seam allowance give or take. This is where you can do just a straight seam or have fun using the patterns on your machine that you have never used before.  Seriously I've had my machine a year and this was my first time doing more than a straight stitch and it was so fun.

There you have it super simple.  If you have any questions shoot me a comment and I'll help any way I can.





No comments:

Post a Comment