Saturday, March 14, 2015

Being a Tall Girl Rocks

   
  Oh Yes the tall girl is back.:) After exploring the cons of being tall. I'm now going to explore the pros of      being a 6'2 woman.

  The list probably isn't as long as the cons list, but there is a good chunk! 

  Sports pro- every person around you even complete strangers will walk up to you  if you are tall whether you are male or female and ask you "How tall are you?". "Do you play basketball?". Yes, I did play basketball and there is definitely an advantage of being tall for sure. I however knew many tall people who didn't play basketball and they had no skills in sports what so ever. So I still think a lot of it is skill still, but yes in lots of sports height is an advantage for sure. So growing up playing basketball my height was a great advantage.

  Reaching things pro- the fact of the matter is I'm tall therefore I can reach high up things! This is very nice at grocery stores,cupboards , closets, garages and more. I can put things high up and have it accessible with out getting out  a ladder  or a chair. It's quite nice. I get asked frequently to grab things for people in stores or I offer help if I see someone struggling in that department. This is a great thing to be able to do. Especially putting toys in " time out" easily away from my kids where they can't reach.😃

  Stand out in a crowd- This is a pro in many ways. I'm always easy to find in a crowd, I can also find people easier because I can look over people. That is especially good at concerts, sporting events and more. People also tend to remember me easier because I was the tall one at the party. It's also very good in the job department. Growing up I heard "rumors" that being tall gets you better job and make more. I thought this is ridiculous,but researching it in many studies they find this to be true.:) Here is just one of the many on why? http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/Careers/02/02/cb.tall.people/
So standing out is a great thing in the job market also.

Model pro- Growing up as a teenager I got constantly asked or told "are you a model?" Or " You should be a model.". Although I never felt my body type would suit a model it was nice being told most of your life that you could or should be a model. This would boost anyone's self confidence.

Food/weight pro- let's face it the more you weigh the more calories you are able to consume and still not gain weight. Most tall people way more than short people because they have  longer bones and body mass.😄 you are able to eat more than your short friends would be able to. Another great thing about being tall is if heaven forbid you gain weight after children or you are eating even more calories then you should. You have a lot more room and space to fill up and look proportioned vs a shorter person the fat wouldn't really have any where to go. Now you still need to maintain health so don't go crazy with this, but it is quite a nice feature of being tall.

   When my  husband first walked into my apartment ( before we met) when my roommates were having a get together. I was talking to another guy and since I was tall he noticed me right away and I "stood out" out of all of the other girls that were there.  He loved/loves that I am tall. When he first saw me he said he knew that single life was over for him.If being tall scored me my wonderful husband than that is the best Pro of all! 

 Thanks for reading,
 Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment