Tuesday, March 3, 2015

New Girl in Town

Welcome to my Tuesdays!
I am Kerstie Jo, and excited to be the "New Girl in Town!"


I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Due June 20th. I get to join the mommy club! 
And it's a Boy!! 
We are naming him James Val!


I married the man of my dreams on May 30th 2013 in the LDS Logan Utah Temple! 
Going on two years of marriage. 
My husband, Brent, graduated from NorthRidge in 2009 and served an LDS mission in Sao Paulo Brazil. I graduated from Clearfield High in 2011, and while he was serving a mission, I was baptized as a member at age 18. I am 22, and he is 24. Just starting our life's together. 


I work at Topper Bakery in Ogden, part time. Everyone should stop by and come check it out! Brent's aunt and uncle own it. The DeRyke family have owned and ran it since 1939, when they came here from Holland. They survived the depression. A great piece of Ogdens history! 


I go to Weber State University Full time. 
It is not easy at all being pregnant, working, and going to school! I am crazy, but doing it! The even crazier part is I plan on doing it after James gets here too! 
My awesome husband works at Parker Aerospace full time on swing shift. I call it more then full time when he works 50 hours a week sometimes. The killer is he too is a full time student! He doesn't plan on changing that either for the next year to come. 
He is going to school for Maniacal Engineering. He has a year left, lucky duck! 
For me on the other hand, I have about a year left to get my associates in general studies. 
I don't plan on getting a bachelor degree. I plan on transferring my credits to stay at home mom in a year when Brent is done with school and into an engineering career! Also that year time we plan to buy our house! I can't wait! It's what gets me through for now!
Brent loves to budget! I will have to talk about our budget on a post. He also quotes Dave Ramsey "Live like nobody else right now so you can live like nobody else latter"
That also gets me through knowing that our hard work will pay off! 
I plan to pursue Culinary school when the time is right! 


I am a Cake Decorator! I do wedding cakes and any short of cake you are in need of! Check out my Facebook page Kersties Buttercream Delights. I am trying to build my portfolio at this time, but plan on doing it a lot more out of my house as a stay at home mom. 


I have been through some trails of my own in life. I am a survivor of loved ones lost to suicide. I am an advocate for suicide awareness. 


I am "pro every girl should be a Girl Scout!" I was a girl Girl Scout for 14 years kindergarten through a senior in high school. I am now a Girl Scout volunteer, and a lifetime member. I earned my Girl Scout gold award which is comparable to an Eagle Scout in ranking. I was privileged to work and live at a Girl Scout Camp, Trefoil Ranch the summer of 2012. It has greatly impacted my life. Also certified teacher in Archery if you want to learn! 


I am also a big outdoors person. My husband and I love camping, fishing and hiking. The mountains are my escape! We also love Traveling! We love going on trips and taking road trips! If we haven't been there it is on our bucket list! 


Other interests and hobbies I have are reading, and journaling. Probably the reason I do love blogs so much! I absolutely love cooking and baking! I spend a lot of my time doing it for fun, trying new recipes, and making some of my own! 

I am super excited to be here and blog with some great fellow moms!
See you next Tuesday!

Kerstie Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment