Friday, March 13, 2015

Bow Tie Stand Craft

Happy Friday!!!

As you know, I am a mom of boys. My favorite day of the week is Sunday when I get to dress up my little boys for church, and bow ties are our favorite staple for our church outfits! 

Today I am doing a tutorial on how to make your own bow tie holder. 

Easter is coming up, and I have yet to meet a little guy who doesn't look adorable in a bow tie!

We get all of our bow ties from a cute Etsy shop called Molli and Bean. They have a great selection and their bow ties are very sturdy, stay on well and hold their shape. Perfect for little boys! 

After doing some serious thinking and messing around on Pinterest, I found this super cute and easy craft as a way to not only keep the bow ties nice and organized, but to display them so nicely.




These are the materials you will need. 

•A candle holder (I got mine from my local dollar store) 
•A small container of oatmeal 
• black paint and paint brush 
• hot glue gun or super glue

First, paint your EMPTY oatmeal container completely black. You can actually do whatever color you want, but I think black makes the colors stand out.  I do two coats just to be safe. 
Be sure to pain the top and bottom as well. 

Then hot glue or super glue your candle holder to the bottom and let it dry. 

Then you're finished!!! 
Easy peasy! 



All of the new Molli and Bean bow ties have new straps like this red one, which makes it a lot easier to put them on your child, and this bow tie stand. Be sure to follow them on Instagram @molliandbean for monthly giveaways! 

Strap on your bow ties and you are good to go! 

Also, don't forget to follow 7 Tales of Motherhood on Facebook and Instagram @7talesofmotherhood! And my personal page @diariesofasupermom! See you next Friday!!! 










1 comment: