Wednesday, March 18, 2015

That song in my head

I have a song, I have a song for every moment and every memory in my life.
I love music I love everything about it.
Music is what I turn to when I'm happy or sad and everything in between.
At first I didn't even realize I was doing it until a few months ago I noticed that when I thought about something or was remembering something from the past or even present that there is a song attached to each one

I was going through my list of songs I turn to and thought it would be fun to share.

My high school prom. I went with my boyfriend who at the time I was completely head over heals for
From this moment by Shania Twain


High school graduation Here's to the night by Eve 6


When I married my husband July 16 2009 Blue Jeans and a Rosary by Kid Rock


When I had both my babies May 2010 and October 2014 They are such bright spots in my memory.


Just recently when my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes as soon as we were told to get to the ER this song popped into my head and I didn't stop singing it for weeks. I had the song in my head all the way to the hospital the whole time we were there and for weeks after.
Katy Perry Roar.
At the end of the video she roars into the tigers face and he isn't so scary any more. I feel like diabetes is my tiger and there is no way I will let it win. That and my girl has always loved this song especially the music video.


On days that we hate diabetes or we are sad about something we dance to
Shake it off by Taylor Swift


Lately I have been feeling a little hopeless and sad and, sometimes I feel like I can't take much more but I know I have to.
This has been my go to song. Especially today I found out my sweet grandma passed away last night and my heart just aches so much I am going to miss her terribly I have listened to this song about 100 times today.
Broken by Lindsey Haun

Now these songs aren't necessarily the song that was playing at the time it's just what reminded me of the moment. It's really important to me because every time I hear these songs it brings a very vivid memory good or bad and I love it. There are many more songs and many more memories I just thought I would share a few of my favorites.

Now tell me, what song is in your head?


1 comment:

  1. I was just talking about this with my husband on our road trip the memories that come flooding back when I hear a song. I have a songs that remind me of people, my trip to NYC or many songs that remind me of trips, many songs that remind me of current moments in life or things that have happened to me. Songs that I just can't listen to with out crying! Dixie Chicks Traveling Soldier remind me of when my dad was deployed to Afghanistan and car rides with that song and my mom crying. I cannot at all sit in church when the song Because I have been given much is sung. 30 men singing it at my 3 loved ones funeral make it too hard to hear. But I love that music does this to us! So much emotion in it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete