Monday, March 16, 2015

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies!

I love baking and trying new recipes! 

At a relief Society activity my neighbor made these wonderful cookies. I begged for the recipe to be able to make them myself.

One Sunday afternoon I made them.
They were super easy and super yummy! 
Unlike other sugar cookies they stayed soft! They were moist! A few days latter they still tasted fresh out of the oven good! The taste is comparable to the soft loft house sugar cookies! 


I highly think that you ought to try them out!
I have had a sugar cookie recipe and yes its a good one specially because it came from my grandma, but I think these are my new favorite!


They only took 8 minutes to bake! 
I topped them with my favorite sprinkles and my butter cream recipe! 
Stay tuned and I will share my secret butter cream recipe I use for cake decorating. It is delicious! 


Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Salt 
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
4 cups flour 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix ingredients. Roll out and cut out using flour for non stick. Spray a pan and space out the cut outs. Bake for 8 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment